Sep 30, 2020
I put together my own PC for the first time and everything booted fine into BIOS but when I go to put Windows 10 on it gets stuck at 89% in getting files ready for installation. I have tried resetting the motherboard (MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus) used SSD (Samsung 860 Evo) and NVMe (Samsung 970 Evo). I set my boot Windows in BIOS to UEFI and am trying to download from a USB stick. The computer doesn't freeze it just stops loading and doesn't go past 89%. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears. I have also tried putting the NVMe into both M2 slots on the motherboard

Solution
D
Something must be wrong with your USB install stick I would re-create the media from the windows media creation tool. Maybe try a different USB
D

Deleted member 14196

Something must be wrong with your USB install stick I would re-create the media from the windows media creation tool. Maybe try a different USB

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder if that is when its getting updates. Try installing windows without an internet connection and it will also let you set up a a local account as user rather than insist on using a Microsoft Account if it knows its online.

BIOS on brand new PC is already set up as UEFI since its been the standard for 11 years now. It should just boot off a USB stick put in.

Reactions: DSticks
Sep 30, 2020
I wonder if that is when its getting updates. Try installing windows without an internet connection and it will also let you set up a a local account as user rather than insist on using a Microsoft Account if it knows its online.

BIOS on brand new PC is already set up as UEFI since its been the standard for 11 years now. It should just boot off a USB stick put in.
I was already doing it without an internet connection. I actually got it working I think my usb was corrupted and when I downloaded windows media installer on a new usb it worked fine!