Windows 10 doesnt register middle mouse click

trollol1365

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
My middle mouse click stopped wokring all of a sudden, ive tried updating the drivers, restarting my pc, downloading logitech software and disconnecting and reconnecting. i used a mouse tester and it registers left and right click but not the middle one. i can scroll with the wheel.

my mouse is logitech g402.

Solution
The microswitches which register the mouse button clicks do sometimes fail. Try the mouse on another computer to determine if the problem is with your mouse and not your computer.

If the mouse is faulty, in theory it's possible to replace the microswitch if you're good at soldering tiny things. Especially if you've got an old mouse of the same or similar model that you're not using anymore (maybe a button died on it as well). But for most people, the practical thing to do is to buy a new mouse. You can also open up the mouse to try to revive the microswitch. Sometimes the problem is just that the metal piece which creates the click has deformed, and straightening it out can get it working again...
The microswitches which register the mouse button clicks do sometimes fail. Try the mouse on another computer to determine if the problem is with your mouse and not your computer.

If the mouse is faulty, in theory it's possible to replace the microswitch if you're good at soldering tiny things. Especially if you've got an old mouse of the same or similar model that you're not using anymore (maybe a button died on it as well). But for most people, the practical thing to do is to buy a new mouse. You can also open up the mouse to try to revive the microswitch. Sometimes the problem is just that the metal piece which creates the click has deformed, and straightening it out can get it working again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82z-OpHdBgE

Solution

TRENDING THREADS