Question Windows 10 driver on windows 11

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all i’ve been wondering if GPU driver from windows 10 running well in windows 11??
I have plan to bought cheap R9 Fury but it seems only have win10 driver on the website. But this gpu has dirrectx12 support. And also wddm 2.0 which is requirements for win 11

My question is how well windows 10 driver on windows 11 system? Anyone have try it? Or maybe spot some issue on it?

DSzymborski

Titan
Haven't seen this exact GPU with Windows 11 since it was kind of obscure, but typically the AMD legacy drivers are functional if the requirements are there. Windows 11 is mostly the same OS as Windows 10.

Note that a R9 Fury has to be very cheap to be a good idea. Those GPUs ate up cheap PSUs and used 1660 Tis, which are better GPUs, are regularly selling used for $120-$150. I wouldn't recommend an R9 Fury as being worth pursuing unless it was under $80, and you already had a PSU of decent quality.

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
Haven't seen this exact GPU with Windows 11 since it was kind of obscure, but typically the AMD legacy drivers are functional if the requirements are there. Windows 11 is mostly the same OS as Windows 10.

Note that a R9 Fury has to be very cheap to be a good idea. Those GPUs ate up cheap PSUs and used 1660 Tis, which are better GPUs, are regularly selling used for $120-$150. I wouldn't recommend an R9 Fury as being worth pursuing unless it was under $80, and you already had a PSU of decent quality.

yepp.. it’s around 60$ with port flaw that i capable to fix it.
did this gpu really want huge power? I have corsair cx750m rightnow. Its grey label. Not the green one

Looking around on the web, Windows 11 can use a video card that has a WDDM 2.0 compatible driver. WDDM 2.0 was first used in Windows 10.

So yes, you can use any Windows 10 driver in Windows 11.

that’s a good news! Thanks

DSzymborski

Titan
yepp.. it’s around 60$ with port flaw that i capable to fix it.
did this gpu really want huge power? I have corsair cx750m rightnow. Its grey label. Not the green one

That should be OK. It's not an amazing PSU or anything, but it's a good enough one for this. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have a Thermaltake Smart or something.

Does the GPU still work with the port unable to be repaired? If not, then $60 means you have to have a pretty high confidence that it can be repaired, something along the lines of 80%.

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
That should be OK. It's not an amazing PSU or anything, but it's a good enough one for this. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have a Thermaltake Smart or something.

Does the GPU still work with the port unable to be repaired? If not, then $60 means you have to have a pretty high confidence that it can be repaired, something along the lines of 80%.

Yes. It still work. Just some of the port not working (Due to physical damage).
I think it’s good deal since i can repair and do soldering things

oh.. btw what happens with thermaltake smart? Did thoose had bad reputation in PSU related things?

Last edited: