[SOLVED] Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
Hi guys,

I just recently installed my Windows 10 upon start up it takes time to load to the screen and it restarts and after 1 minute it loads up to the main screen upon loading up to the main screen I encounter an Driver Power State Failure on windows. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Here are my specs:
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb RAM Hyper X Fury
ASUS GTX 1060 3gb
Windows 10 64-bit

It really bugs me that it takes me a minute or 2 to boot up my pc. FYI I do not encounter such problems when restarting.

Hope anyone can help me

Solution
Likely you have a device that's not responding to Windows start up correctly.

Unplug any extra items, especially on USB ports, like game pads or audio equipment and try rebooting the system.

If that doesn't resolve the problem you'll need to strip the system down to the basics of the cpu, gpu, and one memory stick and add everything in one item at a time until you find the offending hardware.
Likely you have a device that's not responding to Windows start up correctly.

Unplug any extra items, especially on USB ports, like game pads or audio equipment and try rebooting the system.

If that doesn't resolve the problem you'll need to strip the system down to the basics of the cpu, gpu, and one memory stick and add everything in one item at a time until you find the offending hardware.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
What make and model drives are installed on your pc?

What PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

There are a number of reasons for that error.

Reference links:

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/driver-power-state-failure.html

https://windowsreport.com/driver-power-state-failure-windows-8-1-windows-10/

Read the links with the objective being to narrow down the specific reason for the slow loading.

There is no need to immediately download and run any software or tools that offer some claim regarding an actual fix.

Check Task Manager: There may be some startup app trying to load, update, backup, or phone home. At some point that app gives up and then boot up continues.

Also take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that are captured during the slow loading time frame.