[SOLVED] Windows 10 Duplicate File Explorer!?

edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hi,

So after the most recent update to Windows 10, I seem to have acquired a duplicate file explorer file and am unsure of how to delete it? Basically when I look at the my computer shortcut pinned to the start menu it say My Computer (1) Does anyone know what has caused this please? And more to the point, how to remove it!?

Many thanks!!!

Solution
Hello

If it's Windows 10, it shouldn't say My Computer but This PC instead.

Can you please confirm if you upgraded your Windows from an earlier version, where the icon was named My Computer?

To begin troubleshooting, you can try creating a new user and see if the icon has the same name when you sign-in to that new account.

Cheers!!
Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to come back to me!! I have figured it out. I did the following, Right clicked 'File Explorer (1)' - Properties - General - Copied the location address - copied the address to the top of a window, went to file location and there were several shortcuts for File Explorer, deleted those, rebooted problem solved!!!

Spoke to a friend whom used to...
Hello

Can you please confirm if you upgraded your Windows from an earlier version, where the icon was named My Computer?

To begin troubleshooting, you can try creating a new user and see if the icon has the same name when you sign-in to that new account.

Cheers!!

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,

So after the most recent update to Windows 10, I seem to have acquired a duplicate file explorer file and am unsure of how to delete it? Basically when I look at the my computer shortcut pinned to the start menu it say My Computer (1) Does anyone know what has caused this please? And more to the point, how to remove it!?

Many thanks!!!
Which update? From what to what?

edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hello

Cheers!!
Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to come back to me!! I have figured it out. I did the following, Right clicked 'File Explorer (1)' - Properties - General - Copied the location address - copied the address to the top of a window, went to file location and there were several shortcuts for File Explorer, deleted those, rebooted problem solved!!!

Spoke to a friend whom used to work at SCAN computers in System Repair and not once had he seen this? Very strange indeed!!

It's all gravy now though, problem solved, cheers!!!

Solution