Windows 10 error 80070002-20009 when trying to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzdsay

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
I can download windows ten but when the pc restarts and boots back up it shows the installing screen for a split sec then restarts again and gives me this error

Solution
I assume you ve got a SSD drive AND a hard drive...
The fix is to disconnect the hard drive to have only one drive in your system. Upgrade your windows and then connect back your HD.

Hope that will help you

itzdsay

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014

well that didnt work

SebHash

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I assume you ve got a SSD drive AND a hard drive...
The fix is to disconnect the hard drive to have only one drive in your system. Upgrade your windows and then connect back your HD.

Hope that will help you

Solution

itzdsay

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014

thats was it, thank you so much. idk how to change on the thread that yours was the solution

dwduggan

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016

After 10 or more fail when computer restarts I finally got it to work.
Using the Media Creator Tool from Windows I created a USB Flash Drive and downloaded the Windows 10 setup.
My problem was the multiple drives attached to my computer. I disconnected all drives except my primary OS drive, which happens to be a SSD.
After a normal boot on Windows 7 Ultimate, I opened the flash drive and selected "Setup.exe".
This time after about 20 minutes a successful upgrade to Win 10 Pro. After install completed I reattached all 4 of my drives including 1 external drive. Right click on the Start Icon that looks like a window at bottom left corner. Choose disk management and change the drive letters back to there original letter, if they have been changed around. The new desktop looks a lot like my old Win 7 and much of an improvement over Win 8, which I uninstalled back to 7. I didn't have to disable my Antivirus Protection or any USB devices, except the hard drives.

ivan_abrash

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

That was it! Thanks man!
Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.