Windows 10 error code 0xc000000e

derrymisavan

Reputable
Jun 2, 2014
Hi there,

So, yesterday i've bought a new monitor with 1080p resolution and new SSD then i decide to install windows 10 to my SSD.

After the installation, my pc works well until i've changed the display resolution in Intel HD graphics menu to 2140p x 1xxxp which means that higher than the monitor resolution has. Then my monitor showing "D-SUB OUT OF RANGE" text so i thought if i restart the pc maybe the problem could be solved. But nothing happens, the monitor still has out of range problem.

So im googling some information about this problem and mostly people out there said i should enter the safe mode boot to reset my resolution but i cant enter the safe mode because every time i press F8 when the pc booting, the blue screen appears with 0xc000000e error code.

So guys, is there any idea how to fix my problem? Pls help

Solution
F8 doesn't work getting you to safe mode in Win 10, that option removed by default. I will show you another way...

On another computer, download this and make a Win 10 install DVD or USB

Win 10 media creation tool

change boot order so DVD or USB first, hdd second
boot from installer
on second screen of installer, after the language options, select repair this pc, not install
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options

there should be 3 different safe mode choices here, you can choose any you like.
an alternate to safe mode could be to press F10 for more options on this page and select enable low resolution video mode and this may let you start windows normally with just a lower resolution and let you change it...

Colif

Win 11 Master
F8 doesn't work getting you to safe mode in Win 10, that option removed by default. I will show you another way...

On another computer, download this and make a Win 10 install DVD or USB

Win 10 media creation tool

change boot order so DVD or USB first, hdd second
boot from installer
on second screen of installer, after the language options, select repair this pc, not install
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options

there should be 3 different safe mode choices here, you can choose any you like.
an alternate to safe mode could be to press F10 for more options on this page and select enable low resolution video mode and this may let you start windows normally with just a lower resolution and let you change it (I am not sure you can change it from safe mode)

Solution