Windows 10 error Event ID 41 ‘Kernel-Power’ in laptop

sarah.bird180

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
hi i found threads fixing this issue in desktop pc's but can't find one for laptops, if someone could find the right thread if they know of one or let me know how to fix i would be grateful.

Solution
Event ID 41 is associated with unexpected shutdowns due to some error condition.

Does not generally matter if the computer is desktop or laptop.

What does matter is finding the reason for the unexpected shutdown or source of the error condition in the computer.

Can you provide more information about what happens or does not happen? Any other error messages or codes?

You can use Event Viewer to find more information about what may have occurred.

Here is a link from within this Forum to help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Look for error codes or warnings just before or at the time of the shutdowns/restarts.

And do not download any third party software claiming to fix such problems. Some of...

Ralston18

Titan
Event ID 41 is associated with unexpected shutdowns due to some error condition.

Does not generally matter if the computer is desktop or laptop.

What does matter is finding the reason for the unexpected shutdown or source of the error condition in the computer.

Can you provide more information about what happens or does not happen? Any other error messages or codes?

You can use Event Viewer to find more information about what may have occurred.

Here is a link from within this Forum to help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Look for error codes or warnings just before or at the time of the shutdowns/restarts.

And do not download any third party software claiming to fix such problems. Some of those products will show up no matter what problem is being encountered.

Goal is to narrow down the issue and identify a specific reason for the problem. Then that problem is directly addressed.

Solution