Windows 10 error Page Fault In Nonpaged Area worries

Apr 1, 2018
Hello, recently I installed Windows 10 (7 days ago) from Windows 7 (upgrade) and I got a blue screen (Page Fault In Nonpaged Area) and I said ok nothing to worry about. Two days later it happened again. I started getting worried. I started a scan & repair process to my hdd and it crashed, so I went ahead and restarted it. Same thing. I tried booting to Windows. Not possible at the troubleshooting screen nothing worked so I installed Windows XP in a different drive and saw no files in my Windows 10 folder. Is it corrupt? Anyways I reinstalled windows 7 in the same drive. I have 2 main worries. Is there any chance my drive becomes corrupt again and is the second partition of the drive safe? Btw it's not a faulty RAM I ran the ram test from the Kali Linux bootable drive. Success

Solution
Its likely the page fault was a win 7 driver that disagreed with win 10, not a hardware problem. The non paged area is ram and drivers live in ram while PC is on.

Is win 10 still on PC or did you install 7 over top?

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, if you don't have it already.

Installing 7 on a hdd that had 10 on it already will make it difficult to boot win 10 again as the win 7 installer has no idea what 10 is and likely wrote over the boot details on the hdd - not that you knew that, and PC wasn't booting anyway.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its likely the page fault was a win 7 driver that disagreed with win 10, not a hardware problem. The non paged area is ram and drivers live in ram while PC is on.

Is win 10 still on PC or did you install 7 over top?

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, if you don't have it already.

Installing 7 on a hdd that had 10 on it already will make it difficult to boot win 10 again as the win 7 installer has no idea what 10 is and likely wrote over the boot details on the hdd - not that you knew that, and PC wasn't booting anyway.

Solution