Question Windows 10 Event Viewer is recording events during the night when the PC is off ?

Paolo Folzini

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

this morning, investigating the causes of strange behavior of the BIOS of a business PC, I was analyzing the event viewer and I noticed that some events were recorded during the night hours, in moments in which I am absolutely sure that the PC was off.
Going to look in the history of events I discovered that the thing had already happened a couple of weeks ago. Furthermore, the PC time is correct and the anti-virus scans have not reported anything.
These are the last night two events:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
IN SYSTEM

Nome registro:

System Origine: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Data: 17/03/2023 00:04:23

ID evento: 10016 Categoria attività:Nessuna

Livello: Avviso Parole chiave: Classico

Utente: ****

Descrizione: Le impostazioni delle autorizzazioni impostazioni specifiche dell'applicazione non concedono l'autorizzazione di Attivazione in Locale per l'applicazione server COM con CLSID

IN APPLICATIONS

Nome registro: Security Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Data: 17/03/2023 00:04:17

ID evento: 4624 Categoria attività:Logon

Livello: Informazioni

Parole chiave: Controllo riuscito

Utente: ***

Descrizione: Accesso di un account riuscito.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanx for help :)

Hi,

this morning, investigating the causes of strange behavior of the BIOS of a business PC, I was analyzing the event viewer and I noticed that some events were recorded during the night hours, in moments in which I am absolutely sure that the PC was off.
Going to look in the history of events I discovered that the thing had already happened a couple of weeks ago. Furthermore, the PC time is correct and the anti-virus scans have not reported anything.
These are the last night two events:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
IN SYSTEM

Nome registro:

System Origine: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Data: 17/03/2023 00:04:23

ID evento: 10016 Categoria attività:Nessuna

Livello: Avviso Parole chiave: Classico

Utente: ****

Descrizione: Le impostazioni delle autorizzazioni impostazioni specifiche dell'applicazione non concedono l'autorizzazione di Attivazione in Locale per l'applicazione server COM con CLSID

IN APPLICATIONS

Nome registro: Security Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Data: 17/03/2023 00:04:17

ID evento: 4624 Categoria attività:Logon

Livello: Informazioni

Parole chiave: Controllo riuscito

Utente: ***

Descrizione: Accesso di un account riuscito.

Thanx for help :)
Test this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Almost every Windows PC on earth has DCOM errors. They are database errors. I know that wasn't point of question but it is the subject of the event you looking at.

Trying to work out problems looking in event viewer might be fruitless. Be better looking in windows error reporting

TRENDING THREADS