Windows 10: Extremely Annoying Stuttering (occurring at 3 second intervals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_StarDelta

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Hi all, I have recently been plagued by a highly annoying stuttering issue. It occurred soon after I installed the latest NVIDIA Graphics Card Drivers and updated CS:GO (Counter-Strike Global Offensive). I immediately noticed frequent frame stuttering and audio jitters not just in CS:GO but also on the windows desktop. I have attempted changing windows timing and altogether disabling it but it has had absolutely no effect. I am completely stumped now. It's not my headphones as I have tried with a different pair. It's also not my sound drivers/sound card as I have tried using an audio interface and plugging my audio gear in through that as well still with no luck.

If anyone could shed some light on the situation, I would be most appreciative.

Setup:
Case: Corsair SPEC-03
PSU: Coolermaster GM500W
System Type: x64-Based PC (64-Bit)
CPU: [Intel] i5-4590 @ 3.30 GHz Quad Core
GPU: [NVIDIA] MSI GeForce GTX 960 TWIN FROZR 2GB
RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury RED 1866MHz @ 1600MHz 2 x 4GB Kit
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
MBO: H97 Fatal1ty Performance

Gear:
Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Pro Gaming Headset (Black)
Microphone: LEWITT MTP540 DM
Audio Interface: YAMAHA Audiogram 6
Built-In Audio: Realtek

Mr_StarDelta

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Unfortunately it's not that simple. I did revert my drivers back but the problem continued. Forgot to mention that above.

Mr_StarDelta

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Just found out what is causing the problem. My ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Network Card is causing the stuttering/audio jitter. Strange though that my network card is the issue... Spent hours looking for the cause and it was my network card all along... Oh well. Time to find a fix, any suggestions?

HellCat46

Commendable
May 3, 2016
I have the exact same problem, and my network Card is the same too, if i remember correctly. I (Kinda) fixed it by attaching my router (http://kotimikro.fi/files/bonnier-kom/imagecache/425x290/pictures/dna_4gsierra.jpg) to my PC with a USB cord. Have you found any other solution to this problem?

Aug 3, 2019
Probably a bit outdated now, but if anyone is still having these stuttering issues with the ASUS PCE-N15 adapter, try moving the antenna so they face opposite directions from each other.

Completely fixed the stuttering for me :)

Reactions: RBM One
Nov 3, 2019
Probably a bit outdated now, but if anyone is still having these stuttering issues with the ASUS PCE-N15 adapter, try moving the antenna so they face opposite directions from each other.

Completely fixed the stuttering for me :)
I can't believe this actually fixed it. Like you have to be kidding me LOL! I was having this issue for weeks and simply facing them in opposite direction fixes it.

Made this account just to say thank you for coming back to this thread to say what fixed it for you <3

Status
Not open for further replies.