[SOLVED] Windows 10 Factory Reset Keeps Sticking

williamosirian

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys. I need some help. I am trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and clean my drive, pretty much a full reinstall of windows, but for some reason, it keep sticking during factory reset, just at different percentages really, but mostly when it gets to around 40%, I have tried this three times now, even took out all USB connections and my ethernet cable to see of that was the issue, but it just keeps happening.

I should note though that I do have a problem with my laptop battery and it needs to be connected with the plug all the time, otherwise the computer will just turn off, I am wondering of the battery is causing the problem...or could it be something else. I need to solve this problems as I need all my files deleted. Any suggestions?

Solution
the only time i've seen that type of error with Windows 10 is when trying to install the x64 bit version on a x32 bit system.

but it could also be a bad disk you are trying to install to or other hardware issues.
that usually means the files being accessed are corrupted, so it cannot finish the factory reset.

i would create a new installer using Microsoft's latest Windows Media Creation Tool,
do a fresh OS install,
then update the system drivers from the laptop manufacturer's product support page.

williamosirian

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
Thanks for your reply John. I tried this today and unfortunately it didn't work. I got an error message when windows 10 was trying to reinstall saying windows cannot configure windows 10 to run on this hardware. Luckily my computer resettled the changes and when I started the computer again, it gave me another message saying the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize operation...

Any other ideas?