Windows 10 Firewall bug?

Ultradreamz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2014
Starting today out of no where, Windows 10's Firewall has seemed to stop "saving" the options you set to it.

Every time I open any app that involve the internet, the Windows Firewall prompt comes up asking if you want to allow access. Nothing out of the normal right there, the issue is it does it EVERY TIME I open it. Its done it for multiple programs for me and it still doing it every time I open them (Chrome, Slack, ShareX, Steam, etc.)

Iv tried disabling the firewall outright, but this option seems to not be "saving" either. When i disable it and close out of the Control panel, it just re-enables itself. And yes im clicking "OK"

I am not the only one having this problem, there is a few post over on LinusTechTips forums talking about the same thing with no answer, thought you guys might have one.

I thought it would be beacuse i was using an old version of Windows 10 (1511), but I just updated to the latest version (1607) and its still doing it.

I wouldnt really mind it, but the issue is its blocking access to ShareX and wont upload the screenshots to my FTP server. It blocks it and doesnt give me the option to click "Allow access".

TRENDING THREADS