Question Windows 10 - (fn+) F11 key causes Edge to open

Aug 24, 2019
I've decided to post this here instead of the components subforum because it's obviously a software issue.

I am using an HP 255 G6 laptop running Windows 10 (version 1903). Ever since I bought it in May of 2018 it had this issue that I never bothered to try and fix, but now it's starting to annoy me too much to deal with it anymore.

On my keyboard, the F1-F12 keys are in their usual positions. However, if you want to run the actual F6 function for example, I have to press fn and F6 at the same time. If I just press what you would think is the F6 key, audio is muted. The other keys in the row perform similar functions, such as volume/brightness up/down.

And for some reason, when I hit the F11 key, Edge is being opened (Edge is not my default browser), and it runs a Bing search of "How to get help in Windows 10", or, more accurately, it performs a search of the translation of that phrase in my local language, since I'm not from an English-speaking country (My display language is US English though).

I accidentally hit the F11 key all the time (at least five times a week), and it's starting to really annoy me. If anyone has an idea as to how to turn this off, that would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the exact link that is being opened: https://www.bing.com/search?q=отрим...s=guid:"4028227-uk-dia" lang:"uk"&form=S00028