Windows 10 for new build

Feb 16, 2017
I am looking to build a new pc, as it will be a budget system i am trying to keep costs down so really don't want to spend about £100 on windows. Software Geeks sell OEM keys for £25.99, i don't mind that they are OEM but has anyone had any experience buying from them, if so did you have any problems with the key not being genuine or anything like that?

Solution

Yeah, those are highly unlikely to be 'genuine'. As is the same with all of those cheap key sellers.
The OS costs what it costs. Just like all your hardware. Software is no different.

USAFRet

Titan

Yeah, those are highly unlikely to be 'genuine'. As is the same with all of those cheap key sellers.
The OS costs what it costs. Just like all your hardware. Software is no different.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
You can, if you want, run that Win 10 unactivated. Just install, and skip the license key part.
Limitations:
There is a randomly appearing watermark at the bottom right, telling you is is unactivated. This appears on top of everything
No personalization of the Desktop or Taskbar.

Apart from that, it works. Gets all updates, etc.
I have a Win 10 Pro install running in a VM, to test exactly this concept. Installed Dec 8, 2016, no change since then.

This from just now:
oClnvCY.png

Any legit windows will be around $100 from a authorized dealer.
You may be buying old oem keys and will have a problem in the future.
Or, possibly they are malware infested.

Have you considered used?
You can probably find something which includes a decent case and windows for not much.