Question Windows 10 freeze and shut down pc

Jul 23, 2019
I had to reinstall windows today as i got a new drive however after it installed and was time to do first time set up it would freeze at a random point and my pc would shut down later or i would have to shut it down my self. I restarted windows in safe mode i got the error oobesettings. To skip the win 10 first time setup so that i could get into windows to reset it and reinstall it i followed a guide that told me to restart my pc while it was loading after pressing try again when i got the error.

I eventually got into windows and noticed that it was preforming worse than before and comtinued to freeze. I restarted my pc and launched it in safe mode so that i could reset it but whenever i tried to my pc would freeze while it was preparing and restart.

Is there anyway i can reinstall windows or is this drive stuck like that?

Jul 23, 2019
I believe so. I just googled win 10 download from microsoft site then booted from usb
My pc specs:
I7 3770k
Gtx 1070
Asrock z77 extreme 4
4x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz
Wd 120gb ssd (where i downloaded win 10 previously and again today)
Samsung 500gb ssd
I had a 1tb and 500gb hdd which i swapped for a 2tb hdd. I had to reinstall windows as my pc would not boot without it as when i built my pc i installed windows with it in.

Jul 23, 2019
What if i were too install windows on a different drive then format the drive that i wanted to install windows on? Or would windows not allow me to format it as it has os installed on it eventhough it is not being used.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS