Windows 10 Freeze during Boot

Xenoclysm

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
I am at my complete wit's end. I have been having issues for months with Windows 10 and every time I think it's fixed, it really isn't. I have clean reinstalled Windows, I have tried every suggestion on every forum and I always end up back where I am now.

I'll just go with the most recent instance of this happening, which was last night. I shut my computer down. I wake up in the morning, boot the computer up and the computer freezes completely during the loading wheel. It boots in safe mode, I tried selective startup with only windows processes, that made it worse. Instead of freezing it would just restart when it got to that point. I have disabled fast startup, that helped for a while. Usually when I fix this it lasts for about two weeks. I'm at the point where I feel like the frustration from this will negatively affect my health.

Solution
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its just a handy boot disc

what are specs of PC? is it custom or Brand name? If custom, what motherboard? if brand name, what make/model?

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type chkdsk C: /f and press enter. Might take a while as its scanning hdd

Can you run http://www.memtest86.com/ on your ram? If you get any errors then your problem could just be your ram. You don't want any errors running this test. If you can, run it on 1 stick at a time if you have more than 1 stick of ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its just a handy boot disc

what are specs of PC? is it custom or Brand name? If custom, what motherboard? if brand name, what make/model?

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type chkdsk C: /f and press enter. Might take a while as its scanning hdd

Can you run http://www.memtest86.com/ on your ram? If you get any errors then your problem could just be your ram. You don't want any errors running this test. If you can, run it on 1 stick at a time if you have more than 1 stick of ram.

Solution