[SOLVED] Windows 10 freeze (stuck) and restarts before login page?

Sep 9, 2020
Hello all.

I bought a used Ryzen 7 1800x paired with Asus ROG Strix B450-f GAMING and it wont boot up any OS.
I've tried thousands of solutions but nothing, and I ask a seller does he overclock the CPU, and he say yes but it isnt me..

After that I let the MOBO OC itself to Asus optimal profile in EZTuning, and I set DRAM Voltage do 1.31V. My RAM is PANRAM 2x8GB 2400MHz.

I first try to install Ubuntu but I have some installation media errors, and I google it, its been faulty ram stick, I replace with another and.. I successfully installed Linux Mint 20, and it works like a charm.

In the next step I make a bootable W10, set the partitions, install Windows smoothly but there is problem.
Windows freeze before login page and it go to restart itself, or goes to sleep with blinking orange QLED on MOBO, I found what that mean, and in mobo maunal it says it is DRAM problem,

I try different slots, different RAM sticks, add 2 sticks, remove one, but nothing, and I revert default DRAM voltage on 1.2V,

When I revert OC to normal, Windows goes to restart loop on Windows loading circle. Thanks.

P.S Sometimes windows pass login screen and says Hi and goes to "This might take several minutes - Dont turn off your PC".

Should I try memtest or try some another RAM manufactorer, or is it CPU fault?

Solution
The Cinebench is for CPU/GPU testing. Also you tested the RAM with memory diagnostic test, and you got the error.
Brfore you will get the new RAM, you should try to use the " DRAM calculator for Ryzen" tool:

And if you still have problem, yes, you should try to use the gskill or hyperx brand, but not the gskill aegis, in theory, the DDR4 (gskill aegis) should be compatible with AM4 MB, but gskill has the RAM for AM4, something like Flare X or Fortis.
More info for the gskill RAM for AMD:
Sep 9, 2020
The problem may be from the RAM or the used CPU, or something else, nobody will know until you test both.

And other question is what GPU and PSU you had, because the problem may be from the PSU too.
Thanks for help.I try to underclock CPU to 3.4 and its work, but when I start stress test into Cinebench pc shut down again.I run memory diagnostic test and it shows me like a popup dialog and says memory problem...
Should I try some better RAM like Gskill aegis or hyperx, I think its ram problem

GPU is R9 290x i already did furmark test successfully
PSU is Corsair CS650M

The Cinebench is for CPU/GPU testing. Also you tested the RAM with memory diagnostic test, and you got the error.
Brfore you will get the new RAM, you should try to use the " DRAM calculator for Ryzen" tool:

And if you still have problem, yes, you should try to use the gskill or hyperx brand, but not the gskill aegis, in theory, the DDR4 (gskill aegis) should be compatible with AM4 MB, but gskill has the RAM for AM4, something like Flare X or Fortis.

Reactions: edinm23
Solution
Sep 9, 2020

Thanks man, its very helpful, i found the problem, it was one stick ram making problem, fortunately I have one stick and I replace with faulty stick.
I run cinebench test again and it finished with no problems.I wanna try that calculator, and must buy some another ram as you said.One more thanks for advices man!