Question Windows 10 freezes after windows installs Intel chipset drivers automatically

Aug 10, 2019
Hey everyone.....here are the specs to the new build for my parents....
Intel i3 9100F
16gb ddr4 2400 ram
ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
Samsung SSD

Installing Windows 10 Pro off of USB, v1903 seems to go well with no issues. It is activated. Upon installation of Windows 10, the notification box shows up from windows telling me that I need to restart the computer to install an Intel 200 series chipset driver. No other windows updates have been done at all. Upon restart, the whole computer locks up at the log in screen. I did set a restore right after the install, but I can't even seem to get that to work either. The only way to get windows to start is either safe mode or a complete re-installation again. The BIOS are updated to P4.20 which seem to be the current ones. Any ideas?

Install windows while NOT connected to the internet.

If search is available, type gpedit in the search bar, otherwise use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut to open the run command, and enter gpedit.msc and click ok to open the local group policy editor.

Go to the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

On the right side, double-click the Do Not Include Drivers With Windows Update policy.

Select the Enabled option. (If you want to change it back, set this as Not Configured

Click Apply and then OK.

Windows will still get security and other patches, but drivers will be excluded.