Jells

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Hi all,

As the world has begun to self quarantine, I thought it was time to get my custom built PC out of the cupboard.

I haven’t used it since 2017. When I turned it on yesterday, it kept freezing after startup and was generally slow. It had never done this before. I went through the reset options but the freezing problem persisted. I then made the decision to do a completely clean install of windows 10 from a usb flash drive. This worked, I was able to use my pc until 4:00am this morning with no hiccups. I was even able to restart my pc with no problems. I downloaded steam (CS:GO), teamspeak, chrome, battlenet (COD Warzone) and Bitdefender.

this afternoon after turning it back on, as soon as I get to the desktop page it has frozen again, even after multiple restarts. I have booted the computer in safe mode, and this works without any problems. I have also disabled all start up programmes but this has no effect. I went into MSCONFIG and selected “diagnostic startup”. This did work, and allowed me to load the pc. Then going back into MSCONFIG, and enabling all services causes the PC to freeze again.

Specs:
AMD8350
GeForce 760
120gb ssd
500gb hdd
990fx motherboard

hopefully someone will be able to help. If you need anymore information I will be available to reply.

thanks!

Last edited:

Jells

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Hello Jells,

I am sorry to hear you have issues with your PC, have you tried running Startup Repair using a installation disk?

Let me know if this helps,
Naly A

hi, thanks for the reply. It actually turned out to be the SSD after having not used it in years. Replaced and working fine now. Thank you