Windows 10 freezes completely when a game is open

henriqueloterio

Commendable
Jun 25, 2018
So, I was using windows 7 and everything worked perfectly. But since I "upgraded" to windows 10, I get random freezes when I open a game, to the point where I have to restart my pc because nothing is working.
I've google for solutions for over a week now and tried a ton of different solution like runnig sfc /scannow, updating my drivers, checking cpu/gpu temperatures (during crashes they never passed 55º for the gpu and 37º for the cpu). Tried underclocking my cpu. Tried running in safe mode, with only one monitor connected, with no usb ports connected and so on. So far nothing worked.
I'm using a gtx 970
AMD FX 8320e
600w thermaltake psu
GA-970A-DS3P motherboard
8gb 1333hz RAM

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Lutfij

Titan
By upgrade, did you just install OS using their in-house solution or did you install Windows 10 using a bootable installer(like an USB/disc)? If the former, then you will need to backup your (critical)content and then proceed to reinstall your OS(after creating it sing Windows Media Creation Tools).

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and source the latest drivers for your system in order to manually install them on your newly installed OS. The auto update function is most often, then not, broken.

henriqueloterio

Commendable
Jun 25, 2018

I used their in-house thing. But I also made sure to update all my BIOS after doing so from gigabyte website since I already had trouble with that

henriqueloterio

Commendable
Jun 25, 2018
So I reinstalled Windows, did a memory check, and the pc continues to freezes. I think the problem may be with the psu, but I don't know how to make sure. Anyone knows how to test it?