Windows 10 freezes on benchmarks, hardware issue(?)

May 4, 2018
Hello guys,

I ll try to explain the situation as clearly as I can. I have bought the parts listed below for my first itx

- ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Intel Z370 DDR4
- Seasonic PRIME FOCUS Modular (80+Platinum) 750 Watt
- G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 K2 3000 C15 16GVGB
- Intel 65W Core i5-8400 Coffee-Lake 6-Kern 2.8 GHz 4.0 GHz Turbo LGA 1151

The first issue, which was not that major, was that the ssd died during windows installation, not even recognised from BIOS(maybe problem with the ssd or worse case scenario with the power unit). I had another ssd so i installed the windows again, and when it started, i let it update. Twice, windows just froze and needed a restart.

Due to that issue, i ran some benchmark tests after the updates had finished, like RealBench, just to test that everything is alright. When i tested the CPU for the first time, the same froze occured. That happened in every test i had. Tried many things but i cant figure out if there is a malfunction with the cpu, or a bug, an incompatibility or sth else. Something that seemed to work was reduce the number of cores of the cpu. When i reduced them to 2 or 4 from 6, i managed to ran 10 benchamrks with success, but when i increased them again to 6 after a while the froze appeared again. It is so random that I just cant think of anything else. Any advice? Thanks!

Solution
Test your system with one RAM stick at a time at default RAM/SPD speed/timings, before jumping to any max RAM speeds supported. Test each stick at a conservative speed.

Check HWMonitor to see what your core temps are with factory heatsink/fan....
Test your system with one RAM stick at a time at default RAM/SPD speed/timings, before jumping to any max RAM speeds supported. Test each stick at a conservative speed.

Check HWMonitor to see what your core temps are with factory heatsink/fan....

Solution

TRENDING THREADS