Windows 10 freezes randomly on desktop aswell as ingame

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018
Hi, my problem is that my windows freezes on desktop aswell as ingame. I checked some things but i don't know if i did that correctly. If you have an idea what to check or how to fix it please help me.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from oskaros1337 : "100% disk usage and lags even in safe mode"

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

CPU: i5 7400
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB
PSU:BE QUIET SYSTEM POWER 8 500W
RAM: 8GB GOODRAM DDR4 2400MHZ
MOBO: MSI B250M PRO-VD with updated bios (today)

And yes i did update my graphics drivers.

Waiting forward for another answer

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

But how to copy all of these event IDs and sources or how to screenshot it all? It is so many of them.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Fullscreen the window click alt+prtscn then crtl+c into paint or some other program. afterwards you are going to have to upload the photo to imgur or something similar to send a link, you could also write down all of the event numbers (I only need maybe the first 10).

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

https://imgur.com/a/eajbB4e is it good?

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
1. Type or paste ‘regedit’ into the Search Windows box.
2. Navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole’.
3. Delete these four keys if they appear, DefaultAccessPermission, DefaultLaunchPermission, MachineAccessRestriction, MachineLaunchRestriction.
4. Reboot your computer.

Try this.

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

It actually didn't help :( It still freezes, loads browser slowly and freezes in games like cs:go, fortnite which is unplayable. What to do now?

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwiu : "Slow responding windows 10 even in safe mode"

I rolled back the big update since it was even more laggy than now and there is no windows update running i think
Also checked hdd with hdtune and it say the health of hdd is good. So i need further help i think.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwiu : "Games freeze for half a second and then it comes back to normal"

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-7400+%40+3.00GHz&id=2929

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwiu : "Brand new pc boots and opens programs slowly"

What cpu temp?
what the ram usage? hdd usage?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwiu : "Boot and program loading time very long"

make sure the intel chipset drivers for the mb are installed. did you do a clean install of windows or just move the drive from an old pc to new one.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwiu : "System and in game freezes, also fps drops on brand new pc"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwiu : "FPS drops and freezes on brand new pc"

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dejwinho : "Brand New PC is responding very slowly"

This seems like a problem with your hdd. You could check whether you cpu/ram usage is through the roof and otherwise, your hdd is most likely the culprit. Try reinstalling your OS and see if that helps

May 2, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from oskaros1337 : "Brand new pc freezing and running slowly"

Yes i did update my graphics driver, but i rolled back the big update of windows since it was even more laggy.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from oskaros1337 : "100% disk usage and lags even in safe mode"

Sometime the problem you have is because there is a bad connection between the HDD or SSD and the motherboard. The connection is made with SATA connection cables. Each HDD has 1 sata connector to mobo and 1 power connector to PSU. Your Mobo 6 sata connector. SATA connections are asymmetric (they have an angle) to avoid misplacement. The problem can come by:
Cable not tight (the most usual): Remove the cable and put it back on.
Connector of the defective motherboard: Try in another SATA connector of the mobo.
Defective cable: Use another cable.

Solution