Windows 10 freezes when idle with nothing running

kingpin202

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
Hello,

I've searched and done what is ask. I've done sfc /scannow as well as mounting a new windows 10 Iso and doing the dism.exe /online /restorehealth. All that has been repaired. I've also run the memory test to check RAM and it's come back okay. Not sure what the next step is. I'm on a Core I5 3570K with a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo and 3 hard drives on a 700w psu. Maybe the psu is doing a terrible job with voltage and that's causing it to freeze? Or maybe my CPU chip just didn't go in right? I know how stressful that was. This problem has been going on a while, just seems more common now. I've updated all the drivers too off ASrock so not sure what's up? Maybe it's my video card? It's a GTX 970. Please let me know all thoughts. Thanks.

Solution
You didn't include the make and model number of your PSU. If it were then we;d have said off the bat if the unit was good or bad. It'd also help if you can include the age of the system+PSU. Have you made sure your BIOS and device drivers are all up to date?. The issue will most probably be linked with your Broadcom LAN drivers or your GPU drivers. Reinstall your GPU drivers following this tutorial with drivers prior in revision in order to rule out that the latest drivers were causing the issue.

Regarding memtest86 on your ram kit, did you run it for 10 passes? Speaking of which can you please state the ram kit as well.

*FYI, you list out your systems specs as follows:
CPU...

Lutfij

Titan
You didn't include the make and model number of your PSU. If it were then we;d have said off the bat if the unit was good or bad. It'd also help if you can include the age of the system+PSU. Have you made sure your BIOS and device drivers are all up to date?. The issue will most probably be linked with your Broadcom LAN drivers or your GPU drivers. Reinstall your GPU drivers following this tutorial with drivers prior in revision in order to rule out that the latest drivers were causing the issue.

Regarding memtest86 on your ram kit, did you run it for 10 passes? Speaking of which can you please state the ram kit as well.

*FYI, you list out your systems specs as follows:
CPU:
MOBO:
RAM:
GPU:
SSD:
HDD:
PSU:
Case + peripherals as necessary.

Solution

kingpin202

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014

Sorry I'm replying so late, I didn't get an email for your reply. =/

My Bios and drivers for my gpu are up to date.