Windows 10 freezes when turned on, after restart, everything is OK ?

MrChopa

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Hello, I just want to ask.
I builded myself a pretty "new" PC for me ( its not new, but for me its new and much more powerfull ) and I decicded to isntall windows 10 on it cuz of the DirectX, so I will have better compatability with games, or what so ever ( some games are only on windows 10 ... ).

The problems appeared totally randomly ( dont know when ) and it is still there.
how it is problematic :

I turn on my PC, everything is OK, windows boots itself into desktiop and load some programs ( antivirus, drivers )which i have on startup. It is working for like 5 mins max and then it freezes. It is weird, that i cannot start steam app, or origin app, it just wont open and system doesnt see my second HDD " usable ", it just sees it as it is loading info of the HDD( windows dont know which file format it is, which capacity ... ).
So i have to hardly restart my PC and then everything boots normally. Steam is working, origin is working and PC is not freezing.

I though this is the only problem, but it isnt ! When i go to device manager, everything is ok and has its driver, but when I click on the button to search new devices on PC, it sometimes freezes. I had to restart my PC for like 4 times until it works and not freezes.

The same thing i had with my sound card and GPU when i was installing it. I installed it in PC and drivers installed on for like 4th attemp ! ( i dont have the sound card anymore ).

Once i nstalled the driver on the gpu, it simply works ! dont know why the installation is so problematic.

So my final thoughs : The problem is with windows 10 itself and the build is problematic ( cuz reinstall didnt helped ), some faulty HW ( but everything is ok, dont know what should do it ), some problematic drivers ( i installed latest ).

my pc build :
mobo : ASUS Maximus V Formula
cpu : i5 2500k ( 4.7Ghz OC )
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 OC TriXX
RAM : Kingston hyperX 2x4Gb DDR3 1866Mhz CL10
SSD : Transcend SSD370 - 128GB
HDD : some Seagate 1Tb
PSU : Zalman ZM700-LX 700W ( pretty "low end", but it has good reviews and it is powering this PC with no problems. )
USB devices : Mouse, keyboard, Pen Tablet

Colif

Win 11 Master
See if this helps, turn off fast start up: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

also, right click start menu
choose power options
change plan to high performance
choose change plan settings (alongside the plan you using) and set PC Z& monitor to never turn off
choose advanced power options
scroll through and find HDD and set to never turn off
click apply and exit out

Solution

MrChopa

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
+ I forgot to mention that this happens only after the PC is turned off for longer time ( like 5 hours+ ). If I will turn off my PC and turn it back on after like 20 mins, or 1 hour, it will boot ok and i dont need to hardly restart it and it runs ok for first boot.

I tired to turn off the fast boot and leave the PC off thourg night. I will write you back if it helped or not.
Anyway, thank you for helping.

MrChopa

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
So finally I got my PC to work.

These freezes when the PC was booting after a longer time being OFF were fixed by turning off the "fast boot". Thank you for helping :3.

Anyway, I also fixed the freezing problem in device manager when scanning for new hardware. It was freezing by my DVD drive, seems like it doesnt like being connected to SATA 3, when I disconnected it and connected it to SATA 2 ( luckily i have these ports too ) and no freezes anymore.
Thank you.