Question Windows 10 Freezes

Mar 23, 2020
I'm having some weird issues with Windows 10 randomly freezing a lot, which requires me to hard restart the PC from the button. (this has been happening for months now but it's gotten worse now)

Particularly, I noticed that it's more prone to freezing just after I restart the PC, but for some reason the more I let it on the less likely it is that it'll freeze.

The freeze happens quite randomly, usually when I'm doing something. For example, I can watch netflix and let the computer be idle for 30 min, then I decide to open another tab and the computer will freeze when I click. (This doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes)

The freezing in games is a bit weird - if I restart the computer and open a game, windows will freeze in about 5 minutes. However, if I restart the computer and just browse the internet for several hours without experiencing a freeze, and then leave it on overnight, the next day I can play games for hours and it won't freeze. After restarting or turning on the computer though and entering a game, Windows ALWAYS freezes within a few minutes.

Any ideas how to deal with this? I've already updated all my drivers and done a ton of other stuff.

Mar 23, 2020
Temperatures are fine, neither the CPU nor the GPU surpass 80C at load. GPU idle is about 50C, CPU idle is 30-40C.

Power supply: Super Flower Leadex II Gold 650W age about 3 years