Windows 10 freezing after attempting to change graphics cards

Jun 23, 2018
I recently tried to upgrade my graphics card from an EVGA gtx 750 ti SC to a Gigabyte GTX 1050. When I changed out the card it’s said it didnt have enough power and I realized it needed a PCIe cable plugged in. I didn’t have one so I decided to put my old 750 back in and order one. It froze as soon as I got to the login screen.

Since then I’ve tried resetting the CMOS, uninstalling my current drivers, unplugging everything connected via USB, reverting back to my even older EVGA GT 760, running my computer in safe mode and with a clean boot, attempting to reset windows 10, and even adjusting things in the command prompt. It still freezes before I can even attempt to repair the drivers.
I’m at a loss and really need some guidance.
PS: I haven’t tried the 1050 yet because the cord hasn’t come in and I’m currently keeping the 760 in until it does. It also will let me log on occasionally but not long enough to do anything, and it doesn’t freeze during safe mode or when attempting to reset windows.
My specs are:
Windows 10 home edition 64 bit
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 motherboard
Turbolink ATX-XG 500w psu
EVGA GTX 750 ti SC (hoping the 1050 will work)
A Toshiba 1 TB HDD (unsure exactly which model)
And 8 gb of ram (unsure again what brand/model)

Really hoping I can get this fixed by the end of the summer. I am willing to try anything at this point.