Windows 10 freezing after first sign in

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxemicshadow

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I just installed the latest version of the Windows 10 Technical preview and it lets me boot in to the sign in page, but as soon as I click next or press enter after typing in my password, the page goes nowhere and eventually does the usual windows "not responding" fade to white followed by an immediate reboot of the computer. Is there any way to work around this? If not, how would I go about reverting to windows 7 if I am unable to access the OS itself?

Solution
Ah, ok. I see. No worries and glad to hear the drivers or whatever was causing the issue sorted itself out. Good luck. Still, I'd verify that you're on the most recent bios in the even the problem reoccurs. It would at least be a good place to start if that happens. Take care.
If "time" corrected the issue it can only be a thermal problem. Make sure all fans are working correctly, including CPU, case and power supply fans. Make sure your CPU cooler is firmly seated and that case fans are oriented the proper direction, with front, bottom and side fans configured as intake and top/rear fans as exhaust.

I'd probably reset the bios to optimal defaults as well if the problem happens again, also, make sure you have the latest bios version installed. Verify this manually by going to the product page for your motherboard and comparing your bios version to the latest version listed. Automatic bios utilities often don't show the latest bios versions for whatever reason. Often because the bios update servers have changed addresses or the relevant data hasn't been updated ON the update server.

taxemicshadow

Honorable
May 19, 2012

I think you misinterpreted what I meant by time. My thermals are perfectly fine in all cases, they barely ever break 30°C on both the CPU and GPU with my RAM, hard drives and SSDs following suit with low/standard temps. I'm no stranger to building my computer. The problem was more of me being irritable and not realizing that giving the computer a second to process the installation would allow it to proceed. Everything is functional now, not 10 minutes after I posted this my OS was in perfect working order.

Ah, ok. I see. No worries and glad to hear the drivers or whatever was causing the issue sorted itself out. Good luck. Still, I'd verify that you're on the most recent bios in the even the problem reoccurs. It would at least be a good place to start if that happens. Take care.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.