[SOLVED] Windows 10 freezing after replacing motherboard plus cpu

Feb 8, 2021
Today I finished my build with my new b550 and my new ryzen 5 5600x but when I turn on my pc it seems to freeze the moment the windows logo comes on. This is just before you normally get to see the login screen. Anyone know what to do now?

Feb 8, 2021
"after replacing motherboard plus cpu"

Fresh OS install is indicated.

What were the old parts you changed from?
I went from an a320 with a ryzen 3 2200g, I am currently unable to boot into my windows usb installation so I might have to reinstall that (usb windows installation thingy) on my other computer

USAFRet

Titan
I went from an a320 with a ryzen 3 2200g, I am currently unable to boot into my windows usb installation so I might have to reinstall that (usb windows installation thingy) on my other computer

Feb 8, 2021
When I try to start from the USB it still feeezes, I tried formating it and reinstalling it, still freezes... sometimes at the bios logo, sometimes at the windows logo

USAFRet

Titan
When I try to start from the USB it still feeezes, I tried formating it and reinstalling it, still freezes... sometimes at the bios logo, sometimes at the windows logo
You've verified thisis booting from the install USB?

Physically disconnect the HDD/SSD.
Power on with ONLY the Win 10 USB connected.

Also, give us a full list of ALL parts in this. RAM, motherboard, etc, etc.

Reactions: dudio
Feb 8, 2021
You've verified thisis booting from the install USB?

Physically disconnect the HDD/SSD.
Power on with ONLY the Win 10 USB connected.

Also, give us a full list of ALL parts in this. RAM, motherboard, etc, etc.
Yes it tries to boot from the usb, still freezes at the windows logo, I also have all of my other drives physically disconnected.
My specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600x
B550m dd3h
2 x 8gb ddr4 2400mhz
Gtx 750 ti MSI
And a samsung internal sata ssd

USAFRet

Titan
Yes it tries to boot from the usb, still freezes at the windows logo, I also have all of my other drives physically disconnected.
My specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600x
B550m dd3h
2 x 8gb ddr4 2400mhz
Gtx 750 ti MSI
And a samsung internal sata ssd
Possible RAM issue.

Reduce it to one stick of RAM.
See what happens.

If it works, try the other one.
Then, other slots.

See if we can recreate the fail.

Feb 8, 2021
Possible RAM issue.

Reduce it to one stick of RAM.
See what happens.

If it works, try the other one.
Then, other slots.

See if we can recreate the fail.
I have tried both sticks in different slots and in all cases the fail did not seem to change. Could a bios setting be doing this? The bios runs fine btw and detects everything.

USAFRet

Titan
Feb 8, 2021
oops, yes..it is there.
I missed it.

(I thought it was odd as well)

So, back to the drawing board.
IT WORKS, it required a bios update. That's all it needed, didn't even have to reinstall my OS :D
Sorry it took a while for me to rebuild, I got rid of the cooling pasta and had to order new one but works perfectly now!

TRENDING THREADS