Windows 10 freezing but only when NOT in-game

Hektar

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016
Hello guys,

So I am having this problem for quite a while now and I never seen anything like it so I wanted to ask here about it. My pc is freezing anytime for no reason but it never ever freezes when I am playing a game (overwatch,wow... anything) but when Iam on youtube or just browsing internet it frozes anytime and I have to restart the pc. all help is appreciated. thank you

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
Have you overclocked (or underclocked) your CPU? Have you tweaked any voltage settings in your BIOS?
Freezing/crashing when CPU is idle (or not used much) is frequently associated with low CPU voltage.

It could be something else like a background process, update etc of a certain program trying to run and crash the system... when the system freezes, can you see an errorlog generated in your HDD?

Hektar

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016

no I didnt do anything in bios so I dont know :/ and I have my windows instaledl on a SSD so maybe there could be the problem ? I dont know :/

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
Well, before trying fancy stuff.... have you tried a different browser for surfing/youtube?

You should always post your full PC specs when asking for advice, plus any steps you've taken to correct the problem... driver updates? Are you running antivirus programs? etc

And saying that the system freezes is never telling the the whole story..:
-Freeze with screen staying the same, black screen, bluescreen with error message?
-Sound from youtube continues to play?
-numlock/capslock buttons turn on/off when you press them?
-does pressing ctrl+alt+del do anything?
etc etc

It could one small problem or several, but a more detailed description will help you find an solution.

Hektar

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016

Ok so I did not tried diffrent browser cuz it was freezing while I was waching movies also or just ilde so I this this has nothing to do with browser

- when it freezes, the screen stays on but nothing is responding like nothing but the pc is still on, no error message .. anything
- the sound from youtube or etc. just changes to something like buzzing or something like that
- I dont know about the num and caps lock but ctrl alt del are non responsive
sorry about my english but this is the best i can do :/
specs
AMD FX-8320 = cooler = cooler master hyper103
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz HyperX
MSI 970 GAMING
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Gigabyte)
corsair cx 600w
60gb kingston ssd
120gb kingston ssd
298GB Western Digital WDC