Question Windows 10 fresh install freezes on boot

Jul 27, 2019
So I've been trying to install windows 10 on my brand new SSD.

It seemed to successfully install after which it restarted and appeared to be loading while it said "getting ready". It then restarted again, showed the dotted loop loading animation for about half a minute, and then froze. I left it there for almost two hours and it stayed frozen. Turning the PC off and on again produces the same freezing results.

I tried wiping the SSD and doing a clean install again, downloading a new copy of the media creation tool and creating a new bootable USB and doing another install with that, and I even tried putting the SSD in a different PC and got the same results every time. I also tried an install with and without a Windows 10 key.

Note that both of the PCs I tested work as they should with my old HDD.

I'm at my wit's end and really not sure what else I can try. Is there something wrong with my SSD maybe? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 27, 2019
Update: It ended up working when I wiped the SSD from within the windows 10 install rather than using separate software to wipe it. I don't know why that worked, but if anyone else has this same issue try doing that.