[SOLVED] Windows 10 fresh install on fresh pc, problem

jordank_boro

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
I have a pretty strange problem. Before I explain the installation problem I want to explain what is going on a bit. I built a pc with some older parts for media use, maybe a bit of streaming at some point. I purchased a motherboard on ebay, long story short I got [Watch your language] and cant return it. I'm locked out of the bios so I cant access any of the boot drive orders or anything. I literally just want to install windows on a disc on my good pc, unplug it and plug it into the other media pc I'm building. Unfortunately after successfully installing windows to the drive, I plug it in to the media pc and I just get the black screen with blinking cursor in the left side. I've scoured windows forums and found numerous people with the same issue and it seems to be something to do with incompatible drivers. Makes sense since the pc I'm using to put windows on the drive is literally brand new from last year. The parts in the older media pc are from 2011 or so. After installing windows with the media creation tool usb it says the computer will restart in 30 seconds and counts down. After it boots up it loads the copy of windows I just installed and starts giving the spinning wheel with windows logo for about 3 to 5 min. I'm guessing these are the drivers that are installing that are making the drive incompatible. When I get the restart screen with the count down should I just shut down the pc and unplug the drive before the drivers set up ? I'm a bit lost at this point. I know it's possible too because I've gotten into windows previously with this locked mobo, I had hardware from the same era and was able to just simply boot into windows when I plugged my drive into the mobo.

Solution
"I literally just want to install windows on a disc on my good pc, unplug it and plug it into the other media pc I'm building. "

This may be your issue.

You should install Windows on the machine you intend it to run on.

USAFRet

Titan
I purchased a motherboard on ebay, long story short I got [Watch your language] and cant return it. I'm locked out of the bios so I cant access any of the boot drive orders or anything.
The only way around this is to contact the seller for the BIOS password.

There is no magical workaround. And even if there were, Forum rules preclude assistance with that.

I literally just want to install windows on a disc on my good pc, unplug it and plug it into the other media pc I'm building.
That often usuallyfails.