[SOLVED] Windows 10 gives blank screen after installation on SSD

Verizian

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Specs:

CPU: i7-6700K
Mobo: MSI z170a gaming m7
HDD: Kingston SSD V300

I just installed Windows 10 on an SSD using a DVD. The installation ran fine and got to the end, then restarted. After the installation finished, I got nothing but a black screen. I popped into BIOS to put the SSD first in the boot order, but even though it's first I have no changes.

So to clarify, BIOS loads fine, but after that I get nothing.

Solution
Try another install, if this fails pop back into the bios and try a boot overide to the ssd. Try disconnecting any other drives that might be interrupting .
Another possible fix is to run on intergrated graphics
Nov 2, 2019
Try another install, if this fails pop back into the bios and try a boot overide to the ssd. Try disconnecting any other drives that might be interrupting .

Solution

Verizian

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014

We've done the integrated graphics one. Could you be a bit more specific with 'boot override'? Do you mean just having another device boot first?

Nov 2, 2019
We've done the integrated graphics one. Could you be a bit more specific with 'boot override'? Do you mean just having another device boot first?
The boos override is only available in newer bios and will be on the final page/ save page it overrides everything and normally works for me. Good luck