[SOLVED] Windows 10 giving me half black and blue screen when booting

Dec 30, 2021
So I built my first gaming pc recently and it was working for the first couple months. Then suddenly, it froze while I was playing Destiny 2 and I was never able to boot it up again. It kept looping the failed automatic repair screen. I’ve tried stuff like wiping my SSD and booting windows 10 on a USB flash drive. Now it’s just giving me a half blue, half black screen. I tried booting on a version of Linux with a flash drive and it worked fine but with Windows 10 it still gives me the same half black and blue screen.

Solution
What are specs of the PC?
Do you get that screen in safe mode? can you get to safe mode? is windows installed or you can't get past screen?

windows is a little more stressing on hardware compared to linux. Its fairly common for hardware to work on it that doesn't like windows.
Did you run any tests on the GPU while running linux, as if you having graphical problems it would be where I would look.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of the PC?
Do you get that screen in safe mode? can you get to safe mode? is windows installed or you can't get past screen?

windows is a little more stressing on hardware compared to linux. Its fairly common for hardware to work on it that doesn't like windows.
Did you run any tests on the GPU while running linux, as if you having graphical problems it would be where I would look.

Solution