Windows 10 hangs on logo after install - Samsung R590 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollowman82

Honorable
Feb 11, 2016
Hi everyone.

I have a R590 Samsung laptop which originally came with windows 7. I had the option to upgrade to Windows 10, to which I did, however after installing it, obviously the PC needs to reboot etc. It then hangs on the Win10 logo and does not go any further. The HDD stops flicking and it just sits there idling and wasting time.

I've tried installing via WIN7 UPDATE / DVD / USB and even tried different download sources of the ISO of Windows 10 (just in case there was something wrong with my update / image).

I understand that this is a broad question but I'm hoping that some smart person can come along and give me suggestions or answers or hopefully someone with the same laptop will google it and find this thread.

Thank you, if you need more info, I will give ;)

Alexandros_2

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
The problem seems to be with the Wifi card pre installed with the R590 laptops.
I have the same laptop. I have spent hours trying to resolve the problem. Nothing works except if you unplug the card and replace it unfortunately.
Samsung claims they notifed MS, MS claims they know nothing and its up to the manufacturer. In other words terrible service from both.
They should solve the problem one way or another the convenient way and inform us otherwise a pretty nice smear campaign is well deserved for both since they have not informed their customers of the issue nor gave a solution but instead left people battling endless hours

Reactions: islamfouda

hollowman82

Honorable
Feb 11, 2016
Thanks alex, the card is internal, can't really take it out ? unless i disable it in the bios ?
how do you know its the wifi ?

Noons

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016

Hear hear!
Already gave M$ and Samsong choice feedback on Twitter and FB.
Morons...

hollowman82

Honorable
Feb 11, 2016

I doubt they will listen. They are to busy making new hardware and software

Status
Not open for further replies.