Question Windows 10 hangs on logo

coltm09

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
I recently added more RAM to my system and now when I start up my computer it hangs at the Windows 10 logo. If I press and hold the power button to turn off and then press it again to turn back on, the second time it will not display anything. Just a blank screen. Then if I repeat that one more time, it will load all the way to the desktop and I will have no further problems. (until I go to turn on the computer the next day)

The RAM I added to my system was the same exact RAM from the same manufacturer, with all the same stats. I basically went from 16gigs to 32 gigs. I only bring up the RAM because nothing else seems to have changed with the system.

Any clue why I would have to start my computer three times to get to desktop?

(3rd times the charm)

coltm09

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
full system spec?
ram in 1 kit are tested together. 2 kit are not
might try doing the xmp settings manually

So when I put in the second set of RAM it asked me if I wanted to go to default settings or manual and I chose manual and then put in the settings that my computer shop used to when I had issues. (They had configued my computer bios to run ram stable for 32 gigs. Some of my original ram was bad so I got new sticks. Which is why it was configured for 32 since at the time I had 32)

System specs
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI mpg x570 gaming edge wifi
32 gigs 3600mhz gskill ram
Evga rtx3080 ftw
500gig ssd x2
2tb seagate hd
6 tb WD hd (external)

coltm09

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
It also just gave me a blue screen on startup that said the PC needs to be repaired because the system registry files are missing or contain errors. Each time I pressed 'enter' it gave me a different system file as the reason. I rebooted it several times and then after a few tries it let me get to the desktop and no further problems.