Question Windows 10 hangup after attempting to OC

Oct 25, 2020
Was attempting to overclock my cpu and encountered a problem with windows after a restart. Overclocked from 3.7 to 4.5. I don't remember what other values I changed. I know I upped the memory speed a bit too. When I restarted the system it automatically started windows automatic repair and then prompted me to reinstall windows. I tried reseting the BIOS and made sure everything was reset to default but I still encounter the boot loop.

So Id like to know what my options are here.

Specs:
I7-8700k
4x8gb ram
2070 Strix
z370 edge
750W psu

Was attempting to overclock my cpu and encountered a problem with windows after a restart. Overclocked from 3.7 to 4.5. I don't remember what other values I changed. I know I upped the memory speed a bit too. When I restarted the system it automatically started windows automatic repair and then prompted me to reinstall windows. I tried reseting the BIOS and made sure everything was reset to default but I still encounter the boot loop.

So Id like to know what my options are here.

Specs:
I7-8700k
4x8gb ram
2070 Strix
z370 edge
750W psu
Sound like your windows got corrupted perhaps it was trying to install system updates when your overclocking failed.

Oct 25, 2020
Sound like your windows got corrupted perhaps it was trying to install system updates when your overclocking failed.

yeah I figured so I tried booting off a usb but nothing works. I tried system restore but it still tries to repair on restart. System restore does nothing. Tried tried all the options in the windows recovery menu. Tried restoring windows off a usb but it would t install to the drive. Tried reformatting the drive and it still won’t work.