[SOLVED] Windows 10/Harddrive crashes and 100% disk usage

Mar 22, 2019
So I recently upgraded my graphics card and cpu fan and when turning on my pc it would crash and reboot whether it's at the log in screen or a couple minutes once the computer logs in.

I've tried another hard drive and it seems to work fine and even with the current hard drive I manage to have it working for a couple hours.

Whenever I turn on my pc the disk usage would go up to 100% and stay at 100%, gradually go down and then whenever a software is opened it would cut back to 100%.

The thing that confuses me is when I launch it in safe mode everything works good so I'm not sure whether it's hardware or software.

GPU: GTX 10606GB ocv1
MOBO: h81m-e33
CPU: I7 4790
HDD: Samsung HDD 1TB
16 GB DDR3 Ram

Solution
That's the thing though, if it was a hardware issue it would also affect safe mode but you said that in safe mode "everything works good", which is why logically I suspect it's a software issue.
Mar 22, 2019
So I recently upgraded my graphics card and cpu fan and when turning on my pc it would crash and reboot whether it's at the log in screen or a couple minutes once the computer logs in.

I've tried another hard drive and it seems to work fine and even with the current hard drive I manage to have it working for a couple hours.

Whenever I turn on my pc the disk usage would go up to 100% and stay at 100%, gradually go down and then whenever a software is opened it would cut back to 100%.

The thing that confuses me is when I launch it in safe mode everything works good so I'm not sure whether it's hardware or software.

GPU: GTX 10606GB ocv1
MOBO: h81m-e33
CPU: I7 4790
HDD: Samsung HDD 1TB
16 GB DDR3 Ram
And also checking the disks tells me they're healthy and good so I'm pretty confused.

If I suspect a windows problem, I always boot up a linux USB in live mode, which gives you a linux desktop to plunk around in with generic open-source drivers.

Try the latest 18.10 version and see how it goes. You can also check the disk health stats as well just to see if they jive with your windows output. More linux disk info here.

If you can surf normally under linux chances are your HW is good to go, and you can focus on windows problems.

Mar 22, 2019
If I suspect a windows problem, I always boot up a linux USB in live mode, which gives you a linux desktop to plunk around in with generic open-source drivers.

Try the latest 18.10 version and see how it goes. You can also check the disk health stats as well just to see if they jive with your windows output. More linux disk info here.

If you can surf normally under linux chances are your HW is good to go, and you can focus on windows problems.
So I decided to install Windows 7 just because I had a copy and I formatted my disk because I saved any important data, it seems to be working fine at the moment so thank you for the idea :)

Mar 22, 2019
When Safe Mode runs okay without crashing, but Normal Mode won't, that usually points to it being a third-party software or third-party driver issue.
Well I did format my hard drives and crashes would occur after the nvidia drivers installed and my 760 works perfectly. I decided to get the card replaced for free and if it still occurs it's either components not working well together due to drives or maybe my power supply due to it being old. I really don't know.

Mar 22, 2019
That's the thing though, if it was a hardware issue it would also affect safe mode but you said that in safe mode "everything works good", which is why logically I suspect it's a software issue.
Yeah I now suspect it's the new gpu I got. When I installed the drivers for the gtx 1060 it began crashing, I made sure to uninstall older drivers and used ddu but didn't work whereas my old 760 works perfectly fine, so I was told It may be a faulty gpu so I'm getting it replaced.