Windows 10 help

BraedenNK

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
I built my computer ~3 weeks ago with no problems. 2 days ago my computers bluescreened and continued to restart itself just to Blue screen again. Sometimes I'm able to make it the desktop but when I Blue screen I get irql_not_less_or_equal then it restarts, then I get page_fault_in_non_paged_area and then it bluescreens again and I get bad_system_config_info and it does that on loop.

I think it's windows and I tried to factory reset but im missing something. I'm also unable to get to many other windows applications like editing the desktop or even clicking the windows home button or using Cortana.

So I want to factory reset but I moved windows from my old HDD to my new SSD using Samsungs data migration so I don't have the windows CD anymore. Is there anyway to make a boot drive and reinstall windows? I don't need any of the data on my drive so wiping it is fine.

Get the mediacreation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Get the ISO with it (download it - dont let the tool put it on a flash drive). I dont think it works properly

Plug a flash drive into a port. If you want anything on it copy it, because Rufus will format it.

Then use Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/ if the BIOS is a UEFI BIOS select GPT partition, if it doesnt select MBR first add ISO then start

Wait for it to finish. Reboot change the bootdisk to the flash drive. Boot from from it

If youre installing 64 bit, enable AHCI, secureboot, and UEFi in the BIOS first. Before you install windows

BraedenNK

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
No, it doesn't bluescreen in safe mode. It says sihost.exe hard error whenever I login and it doesn't allow me to use the windows button or a lot of the windows programs

BraedenNK

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
It hasn't bue screened yet, the time it took to boot was a lot longer than usual even though I have a ssd. Things like the windows button, search bar, windows store, display settings, personalize, the windows update tab say that they don't have a program associated with it or class not registered and I'm not able to use them. One time yesterday it said I was missing winstart.exe but I'm still able to use the computer.

Ok, now follow those steps to get back into the list of non Microsoft services and enable them one by one, until you start bluescreening again. Once we find out what service is causing this, proceed from there.

Looks like the Nvidia video drivers are causing 2 of them.

The ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY and the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop error

it is also crashing directx

Possible the Razer, and Logitech Gamepanel drivers are causing one or more of the crashes.

Theyre known for crashing windows

Possible ESEADriver2.sys is also causing one of them. This is something to do with Games

BraedenNK

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
So what do you recommend I do?
Also why am I missing windows functionality then? And why is the windows startup so much slower when it used to come up instantly?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BraedenNK : "Computer keeps bluescreening"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BraedenNK : "Computer keeps getting BSOD"