[SOLVED] Windows 10 Home Bitlocker

yippee ki yay

Reputable
Feb 18, 2016
Hi,
I use Bitlocker function on my Windows 10 Pro to lock one partition on hard drive.
When I reinstal system, I buy Windows 10 Home and drive was encrypted and need key. I put key there and unlock partition.
My question is, how to remove bitlocker from my locked partition on Windows 10 Home becouse I need to seel this PC.
Any solution from this OS or I need to back Windows 10 Pro and then remove bitlocker?

Thanks

Solution
I am unsure of what you're actually trying to do.
If you had wiped this drive during a clean install of Win 10 Home, there would be nothing left of the old Pro install.

USAFRet

Titan
Win 10 Home does not support BitLocker.

I'm assuming "I need to seel this PC. " translates into "I need to sell this PC. " ?
If so...that whole system needs a full wipe and a full clean install.
No unlocking, no BitLocker password...nada.

Full wipe and reinstall.

yippee ki yay

Reputable
Feb 18, 2016
@USAFRet, thank you for your quick answer.

Windows 10 Home doesn't support Bitlocker but somehow I have still Bitlock partition in Home version from Pro version. I ask if there a some way to put command from CMD or other now in Home version, but I think that don't have.

yippee ki yay

Reputable
Feb 18, 2016
You can go with Windows 10 Pro, turn on Bitlocker and lock on second partition on hard drive, then reinstall to Windows 10 Home on first partition and other one will be locked because of W10 Pro as first installed OS.
I install again W10 Pro and turn off Bitlocked and then back W10 Home.