Question Windows 10 Home Watermark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
In the bottom right, it says "Windows 10 Watermark". I tried the bcdedit stuff I'm seeing everywhere, but it doesn't seem like I'm in test mode, because it doesn't say it. What do I do now? Please help

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
That watermark is not the normal one you see with an Unactivated Windows 10.

Where did this OS install come from?
I'm not sure I had problems with installing windows because when I put in my new SSD, I tried cloning from HDD. I have another post on this forum explaining that. I ended up reinstalling Windows by doing advanced options and installing windows from this drive idk it's weird but it basically cleared my SSD drive and just installed windows. It's not too late to do it a different way if you suggest that to get rid of the watermark. Anything to get rid of it man

USAFRet

Titan
Where did the original OS come from?
As said, that is NOT a normal watermark.

This is what an Unactivated Win 10 watermark looks like:
iSIC0bF.png

That thing you have...I've never seen that.

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Where did the original OS come from?
As said, that is NOT a normal watermark.

This is what an Unactivated Win 10 watermark looks like:
iSIC0bF.png

That thing you have...I've never seen that.
yea i cant seem to find a fix for it, the original OS this is a prebuilt computer so i just turned it on and they told me to make a microsoft account, I guess I can activate windows just by logging in with it and thats what i did on this new drive with a clean install

USAFRet

Titan
yea i cant seem to find a fix for it, the original OS this is a prebuilt computer so i just turned it on and they told me to make a microsoft account, I guess I can activate windows just by logging in with it and thats what i did on this new drive with a clean install
You can check the activation status easily.

Bottom left, left click, select Settings
Select Update and Security
Select the Activation tab
It will tell you the current Activation status.

Again, that watermark is NOT normal.

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
You can check the activation status easily.

Bottom left, left click, select Settings
Select Update and Security
Select the Activation tab
It will tell you the current Activation status.

Again, that watermark is NOT normal.
oddly enough it doesnt say anything at all lmao View: https://imgur.com/a/RN9qPRx
what do you suggest i do? I guess it's a digital license I don't have a code unless there's a way to get a code from my digital license and try activating

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
No, there is no "fix", apart from a valid license key.
I'm reading around and theres things saying with prebuilts you can't use a digital license twice because of keys stored in like the BIOS or something is that possibly why this version isn't really activated? Originally the OS on my hard drive was windows 8.1. Then, I updated my bios from the asus g20aj website and upgraded to latest Windows 10 maybe less than a month ago. Now, since I have windows 10, I decided to upgrade, one of the upgrades being an SSD. I wanted to clone my HDD to SSD in order to maintain the windows but I think something happened and conflicting OS'es caused a problem, so I said screw it and cleared my SSD for a clean install of windows, but now I have this problem.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Pre-built by who? What make/model pre-built are we talking about here?

Is this system still using its original motherboard?

Personally, it sounds like the origin of the Windows install media is questionable. As such, I would head over to MS and get the latest install and load it onto the system. Full, clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Pre-built by who? What make/model pre-built are we talking about here?

Is this system still using its original motherboard?

Personally, it sounds like the origin of the Windows install media is questionable. As such, I would head over to MS and get the latest install and load it onto the system. Full, clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
ASUS G20AJ-B08. Yes the system is still using the original motherboard but I think the problem is in my effort to remove the watermark I accidentally cleared my keys in the BIOS.

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
D

Deleted member 14196

If you believe that this is a legal version of windows then you should call Microsoft and have them resolve it for you because nobody here can help you

Status
Not open for further replies.