Windows 10 Hotspot bsods

placio.scorpion

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Hello guy's,
I'm trying to share my ethernet connection through a wifi card (tplink archer t6e, a pcie card), using windows 10 hotspot feature, but I always get BSODS while using it.

I excluded a hardware issue, as without hotspot the system is stable and everything works.
My mobo has two etherned chips (intel I211 and killer E2500) and switching them doesn't solve the issue.

looking at the dump, the wifi card driver seems the issue, but re-installing it countless times did not solve the issue.

Motherboard : x370 gaming 5
wifi card : TPlink archer t6e

Please any help will be appreciated, as restoring a backup for some reason fails, and reinstalling windows would be a pain.

link to a dump file

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq17GnZDZJfi0kjRerpEtEVDaPFH

The wifi drivers are crashing bcmwl63a.sys

Did you get the updated drivers from the TPlink site? Not install them from cd?

Wouldnt be surprised if the Killer drivers are causing a crash as well. Theyre buggy as

I would get rid of Kaspersky. I bet this is causing the wifi drivers to crash

You're also using outdated drivers SiUSBXp.sys. Theyre 7 yrs old

placio.scorpion

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I got the drivers form the TPLINK website, and i downloaded fresh and re-installed them many many times: it doesn't work. Disabling the killer interface and using the intel one does not solve the issue, and disabling kaspersky does nothing as well. I did it this morning and the whole system crashed seconds after my ipad connected to the hotspot.

also, what's this one for? SiUSBXp.sys the asmedia usb controller maybe?

placio.scorpion

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
i just cleared kaspersky from the system, including that secure connection vpn app... nothing. I used the removal utility from their website. Now devices won't even connect to it. Yeah it doesn't crash anymore, but i suspect it's only becouse nothing can actually connect to the hostpot.
reinstalled the wifi card drivers, killer and intel drivers as well: nothing. it keeps not working...

doing it manually using netsh gives the "The resource is not in the correct state to perform the operation" error.

Any other ideas?