Question Windows 10 HP laptop disconnecting from Wifi, unable to reconnect

May 26, 2021
For the past few months my laptop has been experiencing issues with wireless connectivity. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this to happen.

My Issue:

-Intermittently, my laptop will disconnect from our Network
-When I try to reconnect (opening "Show available connections"), no connections are listed
-In the past I have been able to use an ethernet cable to reestablish the connection, but once it is unplugged, it still lists no available connections
-the only solution I have found is to completely restart my computer

There doesn't seem to be any real consistency on how often this happens. Sometimes it will happen once or twice a day (sometimes it takes multiple restarts to show connections) other times it won't happen for an entire week.

It's a relatively newer HP laptop (HP Laptop 14) , OS is Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19041

This is a rather bothersome issue as I am a college student, and I really can't afford to have the unpredictability of needing to restart my computer during the middle of an exam or lecture.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I don't know jack about computers, so really dumb it down for me as much as possible, (i.e., metal picture machine do bad work)

ASK THE COMMUNITY