Windows 10 hypervisorlaunchtype auto crashes computer.

Mar 28, 2018
Ok, here is a new one, that I have never encountered before.
I have a Windows 10 pro computer. MSI H110M Pro-VD Plus mother board, Core I5, and 8 gig DDR4 memory. I have a Sandisk SSD Plus 480gb drive installed. I use this computer with Hyper-V and have one VM running. This is the 3rd time in a year that this has glitched. I have narrowed the problem down to this: If I add the /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto in the BCD, the computer will only boot in safe mode. It had been working fine for months. If I turn off the hypervisorlaunchtype in the BCD, the computer will boot normally.

I tested the memory, which tests good, and I have even replaced the memory to be sure. I still have the same problem. I have duplicated the ssd onto a regular hard drive. Same problem.

I have started from scratch, installed Windows 10 Pro on a regular hard drive. I setup hyper-v with the /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto, restored my VM, and tested my setup. I verified my Windows was up to date; as well as all drivers. Everything works fine. I then cloned this working drive to 2 regular hard drive and the original SSD. All three will not boot with hypervisorlaunchtype set to auto. However, they all will boot to safe mode, or will boot normally if I set hypervisorlaunchtype to OFF.

Can anyone please offer any pointers, or direction that I can try to resolve this?

Mar 28, 2018
Here is my status update on this issue. After using Event viewer, I can see the error after the computer tries to boot in normal mode from the SSD. The error is :

The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service terminated with the following error:
Ran out of memory

After that there are 12 more errors, which list different services:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{E48EDA45-43C6-48E0-9323-A7B2067D9CD5}

Once again... Please, anybody feel free to offer any direction or pointers...