[SOLVED] Windows 10 i7 9700k cooler master 212 overheating

Nov 15, 2020
Problem with cooling. Runs fine with on COD for 30 mins but then overheats. I know its a cooling problem but the heatsink is only warm not hot to the touch. I reseated twice with little to no effect. Any potential solutions appreciated. Thank you.

Here is the pc part picker build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lxrfy4

Solution
No exhaust? That CPU fan is not enough to blow air out of the case. It just push the hot air close to the rear but it doesn't have the airflow to push it completely out of the case. The hot air stays inside your case and would explain why it takes a while for it to overheat.

Add an exhaust fan at the rear and 1 at the top if you can.
Nov 15, 2020
How many intake and exhaust fans do you have? Are you overclocking? The cooler is a bit weak for the cpu but I would have thought passable at stock settings if case airflow was good.

there are two intake fans and no exhaust except for the cpu fan that is blowing air out of the case. I am not overclocking and all cpu settings a stock.

No exhaust? That CPU fan is not enough to blow air out of the case. It just push the hot air close to the rear but it doesn't have the airflow to push it completely out of the case. The hot air stays inside your case and would explain why it takes a while for it to overheat.

Add an exhaust fan at the rear and 1 at the top if you can.

Solution