Windows 10 Initial Setup Stuck On Updates

sventrain

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I used the upgrade tool to go from Genuine Win 7 to Windows 10 but now it is stuck on the setup for Win 10. I can't seem to do anything to get out of it's update check. Is there anything I can do without formatting my drive and starting all over again? I've tried letting it run 5+ hours but nothing happens.

Excuse the ghetto video quality
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiEdQtcusw&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Solution
Hello sventrain

Can you please disconnect the Internet, reboot the PC, and then try to continue with the process?

If that fails, can you please confirm if you obtained the Windows 10 installation media from a trusted source?

Once confirmed (or obtained a new installation media from the trusted source), please reboot the PC, and try upgrading Windows 7 with the new media.

If the installation fails this time as well, restart the process but disconnect the computer from the Internet this time. This may prompt you to check for updates later, and would probably allow you to continue with the process.

Hope this helps.

Please report back for further assistance.

Cheers!! :)
Hello sventrain

Can you please disconnect the Internet, reboot the PC, and then try to continue with the process?

If that fails, can you please confirm if you obtained the Windows 10 installation media from a trusted source?

Once confirmed (or obtained a new installation media from the trusted source), please reboot the PC, and try upgrading Windows 7 with the new media.

If the installation fails this time as well, restart the process but disconnect the computer from the Internet this time. This may prompt you to check for updates later, and would probably allow you to continue with the process.

Hope this helps.

Please report back for further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

sventrain

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I cut off my internet and it was able to setup without issue software wise.