Windows 10 Input lag problem ?!

Apr 9, 2018
Hello TH,

Since march/april 2018, I got a very annoying problem. I explain : I got a mouse lag (delay, latency) on my desktop and even in games. To be more precise, I'm having a small but very annoying delay when I move my mouse.

Here's what I did :

Reinstalled windows several times, 3-4

Updated all my drivers

Uninstalled my GPU nvidia drivers and reinstalled it

Bought a complete new PC

Bought a new mouse

Bought a new carpet

Bought a new monitor (from a 60Hz to a 144Hz)

Checked for windows updated

Checked for process on the background

Disabled mouse ehancement

Disable inactive windows mouse

Also disabled Cortana

Did a clean boot

And I booted my PC without my GPU also

Also booted my pc with ram by ram

So now I can confirm that the issue isn't hardware related.

After all of thoses step, I still can't believe that I'm stuck with this very annoying issue.

At first I thought It was a virus : I reinstalled windows 10, even bought a new HDD

Then I tought it was my processor or gpu : bought a more powerful cpu and gpu

Then I thought it was a power supply issue : bought a new and more powerfull PSU (from 500W to 750W)

Then I thought my monitor was causing the problem : bought a new monitor with a higher refresh rate

And finally I thought that my mouse was broken : bought a new gaming mouse (G403) + a new carpet for her

I'm very lost, and this issue ruin my gaming experience since now 5-6 month.

I came to the windows forum because now, since I changed everything, I'm convinced that it has to do with windows 10.

The windows 10 version 1803 came out when my issue started, so it might not be a coincidence.

So, I'm very open to every answer...

SPECS:

GPU : GTX 1070TI 8GB VRAM

CPU : i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6core

RAM : 16GB RAM DDR4 3000Hz

MOBO : Z370 HD3

PSU : 750W CoolerMaster Bronze 80+

Monitor : Acer 144Hz (with display port)

Keyboard : Logitech K120

Mouse : Logitech G403

Carpet : Logitech G440

thunderkat351

Prominent
Sep 5, 2018
If the problem is the mouse...Get a new one just for testing or test it in another system.
USB mouse use a microprocess to send the signals, deffinitly could be the problem...
Your motherboard and CPU are also responsible for the response time, I wouldn't blame the GPU or the monitor or even the RAM. If something is wrong is all arround motherboard+cpu+mouse, update motherboard BIOS and mouse firmware (logitech does provide you with some but you can try to find alternatives, maybe older ones).
Well at this point you probably allready solve the issue, but i leave the comment for new commers . Also a wierd problem I seen arround CPU is that some motherboard don't detect them correctly. Try setting CPU affinity arround your game or Explorer.exe and disable them manually to see if one of your cores ain't acting sort of stupid. Maybe one of your cores is faulty and causing this problems, I had this problem with an old FX-6300 and saw it on a 8700k from a gaming partner as well. Is a motherboard thing impo, there are hardly any topic about it, but yhea I had fix the problem by doing this (removing the bad cores using CPU afinitty).