Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15060: More Bug Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Everything related to the MSFT store cr*ap and bloatware that is win10.

What I do with Win7 SP1 ultimate install:

-some fixes updates
-2014 and early 2015 security updates

Enjoy your rock solid OS, you don't to look win update never again.

G

I agree, running Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate with all the updates installed. It is rock solid OS. Every once a while there are some security updates / fixes but that's about it. Currently running Windows 7 SP1 on state of the art PC for today's standards...
10/20 CPU, SLI 1080, Quad Memory Channel and gaming and work is nothing buy a joy. Windows 10 is like beating dead horse, MS just keeps beating it. They pulled this BS stunts of preventing people to use Windows Update if running Ryzen or Kaby Lake even though system itself runs better than Windows 10...MS -> joke of Century.

Still don't address the MS spyware concerns. Cortana might be alright in principle, but she don't need to report to MS for anything. It's also a "feature" I have zero interest in... yet regardless of whether I use it or not it is there, collecting data... If I manage to disable it, an MS update will go and re-enable it. It would be decent if it wasn't for all the corporate spyware... and that pushed Microsoft store.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
For some reason every time windows updates I keep having problems watching videos. The stupid taskbar refuses to disappear while wathing streaming videos in full-screen mode. The task bar should be gone until you hit escape. However, it just sits there mocking me. Microsoft is full of idiots.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Every third Windows device is a Windows 10 device now. How is that "beating a dead horse?".
Reading the comment sections on Tom's hardware these days is like following Trump on Twitter. You only get dumber each day you keep doing it....

coolvoodoo

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Long time Windows power user and gamer here. Have used Win 10, now in two machines (Z77 and Z170), every day for years. It is by far the fastest, most stable version of Windows ever made. Yes, I still miss some features that are less accessible now, but overall Win 10 is a fantastic OS. Add a few security programs and you will be fine. Try it.

Terance_1

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
Ever since Microsoft constructed a registry which could not be secured: and which allowed hacker programs to hide within the registry using Asian character sets, untouchable files and registry keys which would move and hidewhen you opened the folder. Allowed programs concealed within the registry to compile and execute and decompile and hide once completed, provided NO method to fix undermined certificates, IT BEGS THE QUESTION - WHEN will the government permit technology to be secured?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

Again. This site is full of technology illiterate Apple users. "I know as little about computers as a creationists knows about science. I still refuse to shut up."

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Wow I guess a generally positive Windows update article like this is enough to really encourage the MS hating zealots to come out of the woodwork. I've been using Windows since the laughable Windows 1.0 and version 10 is genuinely very solid and better than any previous edition. Funny how a lot of the commentators obviously haven't used it.

matmat9v

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
The only Windows 10 version worth installing is the LTS branch - it's a shame you can't buy it off the shelf or as digital download for everyday Joe.

Brian_215

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
I am over the age that got time to play around / trouble shoot windows problem. The way I see Win 10 automatic updates is: that's good if no issue, but once running into few issues, endless restore / restart / re update. Win10 itself causes more data safety threat than malware / virus, I rather take my chance with Win7

sadsteve

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013

I don't consider an OS that takes control away from me 'better'. Windows 10 is so much better that it prompted me to start using Linux for my general computing needs. Windows is now just a game OS for me, all my general computing, programming, etc is being done in Linux.

yvdrhaeg

Reputable
Mar 20, 2017
You don't have to be a MS-hater to agree that windows is going downhill! Many of the features of Windows 10 are half-baked or a downright no-no for a professional OS.
- 'Settings' is not very good and requires going back to the old 'Control Panel' more often than not. I guess that's why it's under the context sensitive menu over 'Start' now?
- Theming is a joke compared to Windows 7.
- Passing on of information to MS (telemetry, search info, ...) without being able to turn it off is bad. The 'anniversary update' even removes some of these opt-out options from the group policy editor. I used a Pro version just for this reason, needless to say I deinstalled the anniversary update as soon as I found all this out.
- automatic updates is scary in a professional environment!
- Edge. Nuff said ...
- Network sharing is confusing as hell.
- Cortana. Right ...

The problem is fundamental with regards to the road Windows is taking, and makes it a questionable choice as a professional OS (I work in the medical sector!).

Regarding bugs, it is really annoying that some of the major problems keep rearing their ugly head and are not addressed even though they existed for a long time. At the top of my head I have:
- The file Explorer, which I see as a major tool for any OS is just bad. It's reaction to file system events just keep coming late, changing the UI seconds if not 10's of seconds after changes to the file system have actually happened. Also a problem in Windows 7.
- Icon placement is erratic, I need a special program just to keep my icons in place after any sleep or hibernation on a 2 screen setup. Woooow!

At home I upgraded to Windows 10 solely for gaming and getting DX12. At work we are nowhere near migrating (5000 PC's), and the question begs if we ever will if MS does not change its intentions fundamentally.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Gotta wonder if Corporations are looking at Linux as a replacement for Win7 - rather than bother with Win10. There are so little pros to continue bothering with MS.

Terance_1

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Are you suggesting that my post is not valid? or incorrect? I have tracked programs like WEBWATCHER by Awareness Technologies an inexpensive tool which is concealed programatically by the above actions. The trouble is that it provides FULL REMOTE STEALTH SURVEILLANCE, OBSTRUCTIVE BLOCKING AND REMOTE CONTROL.

If you are thinking of responding that the hacker must have access to the computer to install it... It was confirmed in 2009 by their Sales Supervisor that the program can be installed via a self-opening, self-executing and self-deleting email bomb.

The company fired the representative. This was kept secret for months.

The program would indicate if it was already installed on the machine. (the test required buying/downloading the program, )

Advised by their support, and tech support for other similar programs, that only one copy can be installed on any computer, On attempted installation, the program reported it was already installed. Awareness Technologies support refused to troubleshoot. Deleted my purchase and the account ... and instructed me that any further communication would need to be handled through lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.