Windows 10 Install Doesn't Detect Hard Drive

liammac001

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a secondary PC with a 600 gigabyte Western Digital drive, and Windows keeps reporting that the HDD is 0 megabytes and has 0 megabytes free. I know the hard drive works, I had Ubuntu on it up until now, and the BIOS, gParted Live, basically everything else has no issues with detecting and configuring it. I used gParted to set the disk to MBR and format it as NTFS, but still nothing will show up. I tried running diskpart from the installer and it said there were no volumes on the disk, and when I tried to clean the disk diskpart gave an error and the HDD disappeared until a reboot. I don't think this is a driver issue, because I've had Windows 7 installed on this PC before no issue. Any ideas on what the problem is would be great.

liammac001

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Still not working in Windows 10, though it detects a USB drive just fine, but I can't (nor do I want to) install to that.

liammac001

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Sorry I forgot about this thread lol, just to close it I decided to install Windows 7 which detected the HDD fine, I guess Windows 10 doesn't include drivers for my motherboard or something. Thanks for the help though!