[SOLVED] Windows 10 Install Freezes on clean install

somekiwiboi

Reputable
Oct 31, 2019
I have recently built my first PC I have been trying to install windows from a USB and the installation keeps freezing on me randomly and I have been looking around to how to fix the problem I have tried different methods but been unsuccessful. I am wondering if I should up date my Bios.
Specs:
CPU - i7-9700K
Mobo - Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
Ram - 2 sticks of HyperX Fury 8GB 2666
GPU - Gigabyte 1660 Gaming OC
SSD - Apacer Panther 120GB
HDD - Seagate barracuda 2TB
Cpu Cooler - Cryorig M9i
PSU - Cooler Master MWE 650W Bronze

Solution
Update the BIOS, for sure.

Crappy PSU, very possible that it's the problem regardless that it is new.

Also, make SURE you have the memory installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket. No others, JUST those two, when only two DIMMs are installed on any dual channel motherboard. Those will typically be named the A2 and B2 slots, in some cases they may be named DDR4_1 and DDR4_2, but they will always be the second and fourth slots.

0GoAA8a.png

Also, make SURE you have the memory installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket. No others, JUST those two, when only two DIMMs are installed on any dual channel motherboard. Those will typically be named the A2 and B2 slots, in some cases they may be named DDR4_1 and DDR4_2, but they will always be the second and fourth slots.

0GoAA8a.png

Solution

somekiwiboi

Reputable
Oct 31, 2019

0GoAA8a.png
I have had the ram in A2 and B2 using dual channel memory. I am unsure what bios update I should use to update my mobo it is currently on P1.00.
I found a list of bios updates which one would you suggest.
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS